Friday, July 17, 2009

Springville Quilt Show

I forgot to mention that my quilt, "In the Beginning" won a Teachers choice ribbon at the Home Machine Quilting Show last April. Encouraged, I entered it in the Springville Quilt show at the Springville Museum of Art.
See That Blue Ribbon? It's for MY QUILT!!!!!!!! I got a ribbon and $100.00 for Best Machine quilting and Embellishment. I of course will share that with Kim Peterson who machine quilted it for me.

I just had to take a picture of it hanging so beautifully at the museum, and remind you all of what it looks like. It will be hanging there until September 2, in case you want to go see it. There are some absolutely incredible quilts there.
I am also helping hand quilt a quilt for President Monson. His daughter asked Sharon Wright to make a quilt for her parents. Sharon is letting people help with the quilting. That is a really cool thing. Maybe I will get extra blessings for that.


3 comments:

  1. I hope we get extra blessings - but it was fun even if we don't! So proud of you for your fantabulous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! That's so awesome that you got a blue ribbon!! I'm so glad that your amazing talent was publicly recognized! We'll have to go and see it while it's still in the museum!

    ReplyDelete