Friday, October 31, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
We were ready to turn the lights out, trying to decide who had to get out of bed to do it. He finally said, "I haven't gone pottie yet, I'll do it". Then as he walked out of the room, grumbling to himself, he said "I can't believe I said pottie. Full grown men do not go pottie........we go wee-wee."
I finally controlled my laughter enough to fall asleep, but woke up giggling this morning.
Friday, October 17, 2008
1. Where did you meet your husband?
At BYU. He was from California, I was from Idaho. We both went to summer semester at BYU right out of High school. We were in the same Family group.
2. How long did you date before you got married?
You mean each other? This is a hard question. We dated about a year, then Jim went on his mission and I dated other people. Then he came home and 7 weeks later we were married.
3. How long have you been married?
4. What does he do that surprises you?
Not much, he is a creature of habit. He buys the same shoes and jeans year after year after year. I can almost guess every move he will make. There is something comforting about that.
5. Favorite feature.
His ear to ear grin, it is absolutely irresistible.
6. Favorite quality.
His quiet strength. I always say he is Clark Kent, a mild mannered reporter on the outside, but underneath he is superman.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Briney Marlin (means darlin), or Matilda
8. Favorite Food. Donuts
9. Favorite Sport. BYU Football
10. When and where was your first kiss? He is the romantic one, so he would remember this. I think it was our second date at lagoon.
11. What is your favorite thing to do together? Go on cruises and road trips.
12. Do you have children? HA HA HA We have 7 children and almost 18 grandchildren, and several other children that we fostered or simply loved into the family.
13. Does he have any hidden talents? He is the "Toot" master. Don't ask.
14. How old is he? 55
15. Who said I love you first? I'm sure it was him. I was too wary of committing myself unless I was sure of him.
16. What is his favorite music? talking
17. What do you admire most about him? His spirituality and committment to living the Gospel, and his committment to being a good husband, father and grandfather.
18. What is his favorite color? BLUE
19. Will he read this? I doubt it
20. Who do you tag? This tag is tooooo long. Nobody
Friday, October 10, 2008
This is "All the World's a Stage". It has characters from lots of Shakespeare's plays and it is fun to try to identify them. We are trying to see all of the plays so we will recognize the people. It's funner to SEE the plays than to READ the plays.
This is by far my favorite Christenson painting. It is called "Sometimes the Spirit Touches us through our Weaknesses" The stool the little guy is sitting on says ,in Latin, "After clouds, sun". I love the humor , yet poignant meaning to his paintings. The one in Jim's new office is called "The Oldest Professor" These aren't my actual pictures because you can't take a picture of a framed picture without getting Major glare. I have had to move stuff around to find room for these picures in my house. I kind of feel like I have to paint now.
When I went to quilt Festival, one of the national teachers, Laura Wasilowski, showed us a picture of the tomb of the unknown sew-er (think needle and thread). I finally found it and got a picture.