Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fun Anniversary trip

Sometimes when you get older it's just too much trouble to celebrate things.  I was feeling like that for our 39th wedding anniversary this year.  Jim, on the other hand is much more sentimental than I am  and made reservations at the Salt Lake Marriott City Center so we could at least get out of our routines a little and check out the new City Center Mall.

OK said I, when I found out there was a swimming pool and hot tub also.

In the course of conversation when we checked in, the cute boy at the desk found out we were celebrating our anniversary.  He upgraded our reservation from "nobody cheap" to "Uptown Chic".  We had to use our room key in the elevator to get to our floor.  The ordinary riff raff  were not allowed. I was so tickled.  We went to see the City Center Mall which was beautiful but there were only 2 or 3 stores I would dare enter. I would be too afraid of bumping into something uber expensive in the others.When we got back to our room, there was a tray of fruit and cheese and crackers with an orchid and expensive water on the table. That Darling boy at the reservation desk had sent it to us to help us celebrate.
That isnt the right tray, i didnt get a picture of it, but it's close. Our room was actually fancier than this one.
Any way, the pool and hot tub were very relaxing and I felt pretty special every time we got in the elevator and had to make a big show of using our room key and pushing floor 11. Fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment